Skip to main content

As a Local Authority Building Control (LABC) team we ensure relevant building work in Mole Valley, Reigate & Banstead and Tandridge Councils' areas meets the requirements of the Building Regulations. 

The Building Regulations are a set of performance standards for England and Wales which apply to the design and construction of buildings. They cover health, safety and welfare.

You can visit LABC's website which explains more fully why Building Control is important.

LABC logo

What is LABC?

Local Authority Building Control (LABC) represents all Local Authority Building Control teams. It is the largest Building Control body in England and Wales. As members

  • we are a public service, independent, impartial and a not for profit organisation
  • We are committed to safeguarding and protecting our communities
  • we constantly review surveyor competence to ensure the performance and standards of our team
  • we care about delivering the right building standards, inclusivity and performance.

As well as providing a building control service for your extension, conversion or new build we are responsible for:

Do you need planning permission?

Building Control does not give you permission to build something or alter it, this is called Planning Permission. Before you make improvements always check if you need planning permission by contacting your Local Authority Planning Department.