Ways to book a site inspection
- download the free LABC inspection request App available for Apple or Andriod to book via your mobile. Find out how here. (Choose Southern Building Control Partnership from the dropdown list of Local Authorities before you book your visit.)
- call your surveyor direct using the contact details here
- call our business support team on 0330 024 9355. (Lines open at 8.30am.)
Calls received before 9.30am can usually be booked in for a same day inspection.
What inspections we need to make
You must ensure you or your builder contact us to arrange an inspection when work starts and then at key stages shown in the table here.
If you used an agent to make your application, they should have provided you with a copy of our approval/acknowledgement notice and any drawings associated with your application. We would recommend giving a copy of these to your builder so he has an approved set of drawings to work from.
When we visit site we check the work meets the Building Regulations and offer ongoing support to you and your builder. We can often help resolve issues that might arise as your build progresses.
Make sure you book a final inspection
It is important that you contact us no more than 5 days after your project is complete as we will need to make a final inspection of the work. If you don't we may not be able to issue you with your Completion Certificate.
A Completion Certificate is issued after we have carried out a satisfactory final inspection. It proves the work was inspected by us and complied with the Building Regulations. We will also need to have received
- full payment of your building control fee
- any relevant competent person scheme notifications for electrical work etc.
Your Completion Certificate is important and you should keep it in a safe place. It shows future purchasers, banks, building societies and solicitors that, as far as can be ascertained, your project complied with the Building Regulations.