Make an application
Once you know which type of application you need to make, you can apply in the following ways:
- the quickest and simplest way is through our online application portal. You can add plans and calculations and pay the application fee and get a VAT receipt.
- you can download a form to post to us using the pdf link at the bottom of this page. Applications received in this way will take longer to process. Please send your completed form, any plans and the correct fee to us at Southern Building Control Partnership, Tandridge District Council, Council Offices, Station Road East, Oxted RH8 0BT
Once you've made your application
- don't start work until we have contacted you - usually within 48 hours Monday to Friday as we need to confirm we have everything we need to process your application
- we will explain more about what will happen next and whether you need to wait for our approval before starting work
- you will receive contact information for your building control surveyor who will be looking after your project. When you are ready for a site inspection you can book this with them or use the LABC Site Inspection App
How we communicate with you
In our drive to be more sustainable and environmentally friendly, we check plans and store applications electronically. We communicate with you or your agent/builder via email too, unless you let us know otherwise on your application form.
To download an application form
Use this link.