Skip to main content

The Party Wall Act

Building Control has no involvement in the Party Wall Act. If you are proposing to start work covered under the Party Wall Act, as the property owner, you must give adjoining owners notice of your plans.  They can then agree or disagree with your proposal and if they disagree the Act provides a way to resolve disputes.

The Party Wall Act is separate from planning permission or building regulations.  You can read more about the Act here or you can contact a Party Wall Surveyor by visiting the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors website here.

Reporting a dangerous wall

If you are looking to report a dangerous structure such as a wall, please visit our website page here.